Following the second closure of Whitburn library in as many years we are looking forward to re-opening the library for a second time. There will be less of a ‘grand re-opening’ this time to enable a responsible re-opening due to the current pandemic situation.
There will be changes as a result of Covid-19 to ensure the safety of our library users and the library volunteers and to ensure we are complying with the government guidelines. The following changes will be made to keep everyone safe:
- A one way system around the library
- Limited number of users in the library at any one time
- Face coverings should be worn while within the library
- Screens will be in place to protect library volunteers
- Details will be taken to comply with the ‘track and trace’ system
- Books will be held for 72 hours after return to ensure they are virus free prior to being available for re-issue
Our social groups and computers will remain closed for the time being, but we are working on getting things back to as normal as possible as soon as is practically possible.
If you wish to borrow or return books we are here to help, but please bear with us during these unprecedented times and be patient!