With less than 7 days to go until the big re-opening we have been very busy trying to get everything ready. The walls in the main library have been repainted and the computers have been upgraded and preparations are well underway for the grand re-opening on Saturday 6th April from 930am-430pm.
- Best Selling Author Sheila Quigley has confirmed she will be opening the library
- Spectacular Bunting has been provided with over 300 designs of favourite book characters and books from the pupils of Whitburn Primary and Marsden Primary
- The Easter Bunny has hidden carrots around the library for children to find to win a prize
- There is a carrot quiz for older children, with clues around the library to find
- Live music has been confirmed
- A display of local talent
- Childrens crafts
- We are also keeping a few surprises up our sleeves for you to come down and see for yourselves!
Of course, the most important part of the library is still the books. The volunteers will be getting formal training next week and the extended hours on the 6th of April provides added opportunities to return and check out books as normal